SD/PEN membership is open to professional editors and writers at any level of experience and who live anywhere in the world. Annual membership is for a full twelve-month period, regardless of when you join. Your year begins on the date payment is received.
Benefits of Membership
- Your own listing on our website, www.sdpen.org, which holds the No. 1 ranking on Google for the search term “San Diego Editor.” Here you can highlight the services you offer, identify your subject matter expertise, and include a link to your own website.
- Free bimonthly Program Meetings on a wide variety of topics (nonmembers, $10 per meeting).
- A 15% discount on PerfectIt Pro editing software (an MS Word plugin for Windows PCs only)
- 10% discount for website-creation and graphic design services from Manifest Creative Studios.
- Eligibility to participate in SD/PEN's free mentorship program (as either a mentor or mentee).
- Networking opportunities, support, and potential referrals from other SD/PEN members. Just one job referral can more than pay for your annual membership dues.
- Access to SD/PEN's newsletter archive.
- Opportunity to increase your knowledge through continuing educational opportunities (including at least one Saturday workshop).
- Increased access to clients educated about the value of editorial professionals.
- Opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors or in other volunteer capacities.
Active members of the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE) are eligible for a $10 discount on annual SD/PEN membership. Make sure you have your NAIWE member website URL available.
Join or Renew
Standard Annual Membership Dues: $65
(For full twelve-month membership)